What can go into your food waste caddy?
All raw and cooked food can go into your food waste caddy including:
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Meat, including bones and carcasses
- Bakery products
- Fruit and vegetables including peelings, stalks and leftovers
- Egg shells
- Fish and seafood - meat, skin, bones and shells
- Dairy produce
- Cat, dog, bird, rabbit and guinea pig feed
- Cooking fats and oils
- Kitchen roll with traces of fat and oils
- Any other leftovers - cooked or uncooked
What can’t go in?
The following products should not go into your food waste caddy:
- Kitchen roll
- Food packaging
- Animal or human faeces
- Flowers and other greenery (these are better off in your garden waste bin)
These items should be disposed of correctly in your household recycling or black bin.
Food Waste Kerbside Collections
Your food waste will be collected from your kerbside caddy every week.
Caddies need to be on the pavement before 6:00am on the day of collection but please don’t put them out earlier than 4:30pm the day before. Collections run throughout the day from 6am till 10pm.
Find out what day your food waste is collected:
How to use your caddy:
- Line your kitchen caddy with the caddy bag provided.
- Remove all packaging and wrappings from food before putting it in your caddy.
- When the bag is full tie it closed and put it into your larger kerbside caddy.
- Put the kerbside caddy on the pavement in time for your weekly collection.
- Please do not use plastic bags or the white bio-bags to line your kerbside caddy.
- Please do not put loose food waste directly into the kerbside caddy. Please use the caddy bag.